View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 02:52 PM   #5671
imhighlander

I spent a good part of the morning taking out the high pressure power steering line that I ignominiously burned on my new headers. (PSA needed, BTW.) I'll try and do a quick write-up on the process since I haven't seen much out there. For the uninitiated, it's officially a royal pain in the ass but it's manageable, even for one whose DIY skills are as dodgy as mine.

After I got the hose out I replaced the plugs and ignition coils. The plugs that were in the car weren't fully perished but all but one of my coils were cracked. The new coils have a heavier insulator(?) and slightly different/longer bolts; must be an updated part. I ordered OEM Beru plugs and coils to keep things as good as original.

Fun fact: the coils for cylinder #1 (front most right side) and #4 (front most left side) are a little tricky but not too bad. There's a little plastic tray on the right side of the engine bay that makes it damn near impossible to unclip the wire from the ignition coil on #1 so I strongly encourage folks to unbolt the two 10mm bolts that hold it in place. That gives you enough slack to disconnect and then reconnect the wiring clip to the #1 coil.

imhighlander is offline   Reply With Quote