View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 09:00 AM   #8
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
OK, yes... I really feel like I won the lottery with this one. Rick was gracious enough to take a whole day of his time to drive to the DFW area and pick it up for me. CraigM is the kind of seller that you always hope to buy from - cared about his car as an enthusiast and didn't try to hide any minor issues. I have a debt of gratitude to both. I just got lucky and replied to the ad directly to his phone right after he posted.

Texts with Rick as he picked it up...

The car is at Rick's house now parked behind the '84 928 that he is restoring. I will probably have some extras to sell once I get it all home and sorted through. I need to cut down a bit on all my hoarded parts already. dav9515 will get the first shot at the sway bars if Rick or I don't need them. Pretty sure I still have an uninstalled set in storage.

I'll pick it up later this week and add a build/maintenance thread in the 'show-and-tell' section when I'm ready to start in on it. I expect to fix the top mechanism, driver's window issue, water pump, AOS, and a few other minor and normal wear items.