Thread: My Red '97
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 05:40 AM   #46
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Paul, I took the hearse in a trade for a Cayenne that had a blown air strut and was coming due for a bunch of maintenance. It's a 1977 Cadillac. It runs and drives well and is pretty simple to work on. For now it is mostly a mobile storage container. Future plans are to redo the interior (which is rough) and use it for weekend trips, touring around state parks. I had originally though it could be a decent tow vehicle, but it's really not built for that.

Quingdao, I haven't started troubleshooting the steering beyond looking for leaks, topping off the fluid, and listening to the pump. I'll have to get a look at how to test the pressure – that sounds like the best next step.

For the wheels, I already have 20”, 18”, and 17” on cars and I agree that the 17s are the best all around size. The 16s are great for a daily driver and a good ride, but not what I would want for a track day.

One more little annoyance I want to fix is the SAI pump. It works fine, but it is noisy and runs the cycle twice. My other cars aren't as loud and the pumps don't seem to run as much. My guess is that the internal filter on the air pump is clogged with dust. I'll replace it, then pull it apart and get a look.