View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
violametallic-S-
2001 RUF 3800S

Waiting to install this 3.8L into the Boxster

Ive been a long time member of this forum but ive been MIA for a while. Some may recall my posts some may not. I had a few posts here and there in the last year or two regarding my engine problems. Ill do a short synopsis of my story for any new members. I have a 2001 Boxster S 6-speed which was a special ordered in 2000 from Stuttgart. I eventually bought it off of my uncle in 2010. The stock 3.2 engine had every bolt on performance part available other than forced induction that I installed over my years of ownership. Fast forward to 2015 I had engine failure due to a D chunk crack in the cylinder wall at around 65,000KM so I had to scrap the engine. And around the same time I got a major concussion, so I had to park the car for 5 years in the garage with no engine as I very slowly tried to recover. Due to many post concussive symptoms still being very present in my day to day life I was in no rush to get the car back in working order.

During this long "break" I decided to take the opportunity to go big or go home when an option comes my way. So long story short this 996 fully built 3.8 engine is just waiting to be installed once the pandemic slows down.

Cant wait to be back on the road with new Boxster "3800S" now:P