Thread: Motor Mount
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 03:22 AM   #1
mipstien
Side Porsche

Motor Mount

I am going to replace the front motor mount while I am in there doing the water pump, thermostat, and belt. Something that I have seen come up a few times is that the engine mount support stop is recommended to replace at the same time. I noticed the shapes don't line up and there are post that say it doesn't fit as well as reviews on Pelican Parts. I know those childrens blocks are awfully difficult to work with.
Why?

I will be pressing a new mount in and I want to find what would be best for me. No track driving. Maybe an eventual autocross but most likely just canyon carving. Are the solid or semi solid mounts worth it? If I just wanted a stock style mount to press in are the inexpensive ones on Pelican Parts a good choice?

I believe I read somewhere that the 987 mounts fit and there is an upgraded 987 mount that fits somewhere between racing and stock that is supposed to be better. I also read that it's the same mount as stock and it's just a placebo.

What did you go with? Why?

It's early, I've got a headache, and thanks for reading my, possibly, incoherent ramblings.