View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 06:56 PM   #5
PaulE

I think bcrdukes is asking about the headlight level adjusters, not the release mechanism. The release mechanism is metal and a small six point socket, 5mm I think, works better for removing the headlight than the tool in the Boxster tool roll. The mechanisms for adjusting the headlight level are plastic or nylon, definitely not metal. I happen to have some headlight housings left over from a headlight project I did over the winter. Below are some pictures of what the adjustment mechanism looks like. The round white things on the side are what the allen wrench goes into to adjust the level. If the hex nut is stripped because the allen wrench just turns and the nut doesn't move, pop the headlight out of the car and stick a bigger allen wrench or slightly bigger screwdriver in that adjuster and make it turn. You'll be better able to see what you're doing by removing the headlight, but you'll have to take it out and put it in at least a couple of times to make the adjustment. If it's not the engagement of the allen wrench that is a problem, my guess is that if you open up the headlight, you'll see that something has jumped off track and you can get everything back where it needs to be to work.

Hopefully you don't need to take the headlight apart but if you do, Particlewave has some YouTube videos on how to open the headlgiht and reseal it here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/trimaxium/videos

If you're going to take the plunge and open the headlight, and need the adjuster mechanism, send me a PM and it's yours for the postage!

Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote