View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 10:56 AM   #1
bcrdukes

Headlight Assembly - Recommendations

Hi Folks,

On a recent night time drive, I drove through an area of the highway where there are no lights, and that is when it occurred to me that my head lights point WAY too low, resulting in poor visibility. For what it's worth, I drive mainly in the city, so there is always lighting everywhere.

So naturally, I tried to adjust the head light vertical aim as per the owner's manual, only to realize the 5mm plastic hex nut on the passenger side headlight assembly is stripped. The driver side is okay and can be adjusted no problems.

I am told one cannot simply replace the plastic hex nut, so the entire assembly needs to be replaced. These are the halogen (non-Litronic) headlight assemblies. Besides going to the dealer, has anyone had good experience on aftermarket or know who the OE supplier is for these headlight assemblies? I don't want LEDs or anything like that, just the regular ones that came from the factory. I've tried looking for used headlight assemblies, but most of them have that burnt portion.

I should also add, my driver side headlight assembly does not have the piece of plastic/stick with the lines on them - is this normal? Or is it some odd ball aftermarket piece? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by bcrdukes; 04-14-2020 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Typos
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote