View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 07:24 AM   #7
10/10ths
"50 Years of 550 Spyder"

+1

What they said is correct and solid advice.

Accessories 4 less is THE outlet for us home theater geeks. The AV Rant podcast is also on you tube and you can watch their back catalog for solid info.

I have a Yamaha receiver and it is great, Denon is probably the “gold standard” these days for AV receivers.

The latest top line versions of the Denon and Yamaha receivers can all Bluetooth and WiFi connect to your phone and allow streaming from your mobile device.

Yamaha has their own line of wireless speakers that their receivers can stream through.

Also, “Sonos” offers a popular line of “lifestyle” wireless speakers than might work as an alternative depending on how hard core you want your surround system to be.

If true surround sound is not necessary, you can also buy something like the “SVS” wireless speakers and subwoofer that can give you a great stereo setup that you just stream music to from your phone.

The “AV Forum” is also a great resource online.

FWIW, I am running a Yamaha Aventage RX-A3070 with a 5.2.4 Atmos system. I have Emotiva tower fronts and their center channel, SVS Prime Elevation speakers for surrounds, Emotiva ceiling bounce speakers for the four Atmos channels, and two SVS PB-3000 subwoofers.

It’s a killer system, but a similar system can be built for much less money and provide great results.

Spend a few hours on the “AV Forum” and also there is a fantastic “AVForums” podcast that is on Spotify, iTunes podcasts, and on You Tube that is basically four old Scottish guys who review AV gear talking about gear and it is awesome.

Good luck.
550 SE #310---"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote