View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
bcrdukes

Mystery Leak - Any Guesses?

Hi Boxster Friends,

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend with their respective loved ones, and are healthy.

Upon heading out to pick up some essential groceries today, and to ensure the Boxster gets regular exercise, I noticed two spots of what I assume is an oil leak on my parking spot today on the parking lot floor. These are definitely new because last week when I last drove it, the spots were not there, and I have not driven it since.

The two spots are dry, so I don't know what it is, nor can I smell what it is. They are definitely coming from the back from the engine (picture attached for reference.) Details below:

Model Year: 2001
Engine/Transmission: Boxster S / 6-speed manual transmission
Transmission oil changed: Over a year and a half ago (Fuchs, I think.)
IMS: Completed a year ago
Oil: Was changed last month - Using Motul 300v 0W40 (I won this in a contest from Motul directly.)
Water Pump & Thermostat: Replaced last summer with original Porsche parts
Current Mileage: 140,000KM / 87,000 miles (approximate)

I'll have to measure oil and coolant level tomorrow after the car cools down overnight. Seems like there are two separate patches coming from approximately the middle of the engine. I don't think it's AC condensation because if I recall, it's further up. Any guesses? I'll definitely have to take this into the shop as I am not allowed to work on my car due to strata regulations (I've gotten in trouble before.) I've left a few sheets of paper underneath the car to see if it is still leaking or not, and to see what colour of fluid is leaking. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by bcrdukes; 04-12-2020 at 05:40 PM.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote