View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 05:53 PM   #5
JoeG

I picked up a roller 2003 Boxster S and just got it back after an engine rebuild. I recently replaced the OEM radio with a single DIN as I prefer to use iPhone map for navigation. I went with Kenwood Excelon KDC-X704, Kenwood Excelon XR401-4, Infinity Reference REF-5032cfx, Infinity Reference REF-4032cfx, Metra 40-EU10 Antenna Adapter, Metra 70-1784 Receiver Wiring Harness, Metra 71-017C Speaker Wiring Harnesses and Crutchfield CK4. The receiver wiring harness supplied positive and ground but not auxiliary power so needed a fuse tap with pigtail to fuse A6 (heat seating). I also ran a wire directly from stereo to the amps power control terminal. The OEM dash speaker brackets were modified for the new speaker and I used the OEM amp bracket and positioned it to the passenger side of the frunk because the new amp was larger than the OEM one and couldn't fit in the original location. I tried salvaging the OEM speaker harness that connects to the OEM amp but it was too much trouble so I just cut it out.

JoeG is offline   Reply With Quote