View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 07:55 AM   #1
geraintthomas

Side lights to turn on when unlocking car

I'm sure I wrote about this before, and that Particlewave gave a load of help, but couldn't find it... either way, thought I'd start fresh as I couldn't remember what was recommended on the subject.

Basically, my idea a while back was to have the car's sidelights turn on when unlocking the car. In other words, when power is sent to the courtesy light, they turn on. When opening a door, when unlocking, and so on.

There's two wire feeds in the fuse box, one for the courtesy light and one for the side light. I did think about jumping the two with a one-way diode so that the side lights wouldn't turn on the courtesy light, but I think one is a switched negative and the other is a switched positive?

So two questions:
- Is there a way to do this, and...
- Would the courtesy light wiring cope with the extra load of all of those lights coming on?

Or should I forget about the idea.

Cheers!

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote