View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 07:48 AM   #3
Dubaday

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
I need help choosing a peice of equipment.

Many years ago, I installed a surround system in the backyard. We use it for our "redneck theater" during the summer (projecting movies 12' wide on the garage) and to listen to music when we're playing or cooking or working back there.

The head unit is an older JVC amp / tuner that has worked fine, but is showing its age.

I'd like to replace it with something modern, that:
1. I can connect via bluetooth for media streaming, at least audio, but video would be a bonus too.
2. I'd like AM/FM.
3. Needs HDMI in and out. RCA composite isn't absolutely necessary, but would be a plus so some of my older equipment could be accommodated.
4. Needs a solid surround decoder, with center and sub channels too.
5. Needs at least 3 inputs: digital tv, roku, dvd player.
6. Something that'd be WICKED cool, but by no means necessary, would be android- application controllable, for functions like volume, source, etc.

Any body immersed in this world, that could guide me a bit?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
It's been 10 years since I've bought my Yamaha RXV-667 receiver but it's working like a champ since. It has everything you need for your application besides bluetooth, but they make wireless bluetooth audio adapters thats plugs into the remote port via auxiliary cable. I bought it new for 600-700$ can't remember exactly the price, but I see it available now for a few hundred used, and refurbished 300-400$

Haven't been in the scene for a while, but I'm sure it's standard that they make bluetooth built into the newer receivers. hope this helps
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote