View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 03:21 AM   #16
rfuerst911sc

If you are just looking at ROI then throwing any major money at these cars doesn't add up . But if you are an enthusiest and can enjoy the great attributes these cars provide then the $$$ doesn't count ............. within reason of course . I have a Raby built 3.6 litre short stroke R51 engine in mine , last tuning session we put down 282 at the wheels that's pretty damn stout ! Torque is over 253 and it's not just about top numbers , the hp and torque are very linear it pulls strongly from idle to 7k with ease . It totally transforms the chassis with the extra grunt , it is so driveable . Driving in the mountains is a hoot and drifting the rear end at will is intoxicating .

But I have 25K in that motor , most people say I'm nuts and it's hard to argue . But every time I drive her it puts a smile on my face I am never disappointed . And it is well behaved , starts great hot/cold and idles great . Good MPG if you can keep your foot out of it . In my opinion I have the perfect sleeper .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote