View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 06:56 PM   #14
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Thanks Jay, Will, Steve, Paul, Dan and piper.

Please post away if you’d like, Dan.
I still need inspiration from time to time!
My wife still says that. It was definitely not easy, but she is right: it is easier for me. She did the diet with me for the 3 months and lost about 15 lbs, though she did have quite a bit more carbs per day than I.
I also told her that I really didn’t want her to loose too much (not into the rail thin look ).

That’s great, Jay! I’m definitely thinking more about my health. We think we’re immortal when young, but it catches up to you fast.

Will, one of my favorite takeaways from this diet has been pizza
I do a strict cheese crust, though (fry it up in a non-stick skillet until thin and crispy). I tried a few things with almond flour, but never mastered cooking with it and gave up.
I did the CBD thing last summer in Missouri to ease the suffering, then switched to the occasional THC when I moved to WA last October, but gave all that up a couple months ago. I still have some tincture, but have found that I really don’t need anything anymore. This muscle ache may change my mind down the road, though
Cauliflower crust pizza is great. If you didn't know what it was made of you would not know the difference. Lots of places have it now, Pieology, Pizza Studio and even Calif pizza Kitchen. Also the frozen Miltons ones at Costco are good. Nothing wrong with having a "cheat" meal every now and then.

Another benefit from losing weight is a second or two (maybe) at the track
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote