View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #13
boxxster

Have you ever driven a new(er) car with a sport button? You know how when you press the sport button (depending on the car) the throttle mapping is changed so the gas pedal feels more sensitive and responsive (i.e reduced throw and input delay)? The sprint booster is basically the same thing. No, the car is not faster, but it does feel more responsive. But it's really something you have to try for yourself to understand. Like I said, I really enjoyed it for rev matching and spirited driving. Would I pay full price for one? Probably not, especially given the current USD/CAD exchange rate. But for what I paid for mine, it was definitely one of my favourite mods I did to that car. It's also worth noting that it's not an on/off switch; it comes programmed with a bunch of different maps so there are many points of adjustment between the most sensitive/responsive setting and the least.

To put it in a bike related perspective, its like one of those aftermarket throttles that changes the amount of twist required to fully open the throttle. Now imagine if you could adjust the sensitivity and required amount of twist with a push of a button, on the fly, to your liking.
boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote