View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 08:38 PM   #114
Homeoboxter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
I've seen Subaru's done with the little hole, but there are 6 problems on this motor not just 4.

Air cooled jugs are easy.
I`ve done some practicing on inserting the wristpin and the circlip just so I won`t have to split the engine halves after they are assembled. It`s quite straightforward, but you need some tools to do the trick.

This engine has only one hole to insert the wristpin and the circlips for all three pistons. It`s covered by this plug:

The manual suggests that this special tool that bolts on the side of the engine block should be used to fit the mandrel, but I could assemble everything without it.

The steel rod with the sleeve is to be used to slide the wristpins in, one by one. I`m showing the plastic mandrel here, but that`s not the correct tool for that. My bad. The sequence is obviously piston6/wristpin/circlip - piston5/wristpin/circlip - piston4/wristpin/circlip.

After inserting the wristpin with the rod, you use the same tool to hold the circlip in its end which then can be pushed into the piston`s groove using the sliding hammer inside the tube.

Easy, isn`t it?

Last edited by Homeoboxter; 06-16-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Homeoboxter is offline   Reply With Quote