View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 08:07 AM   #8
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Am I the only person who's looking forward to catching it? I mostly want to get it over with but I also like the excitement of surviving something that's killing other people
I really have mixed feelings about this. I'm healthy and not quite 60 yet, so I expect that if I do catch it, it won't be that bad. On the other hand I have followed along with the account of someone who has just gone through it and there were several times that he was not sure that he'd make it through the next 48 hours -and seemed willing to accept that end rather than continue. I have witnessed people in severe respiratory distress, struggling for one more breath, then the next, and still not getting the life they need from the air they fought to push. Not what I want to see or experience. Then there's the though of unknowingly having it and passing it to a loved one who does not do as well.

I work in close quarters with emergency medical personnel and am frequently exposed to sick people. I suppose it's inevitable, but I do not look forward to it and will continue to try to prevent it.

Here's the CDC page for anyone interested. Probably better info than you get from people trying to sensationalize and politicize it in the news:
www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html?