View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 12:43 AM   #41
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
So I'm moments shy of buying a PST2 for this same purpose.
I understand from other threads that I'll need a 996 VIN and associated password, in order to load that 986 flash to my 986 DME. (Correct?)
In anticipation of this, I called my dealer today to see what it'd take to get them to help me with that VIN and password. No joy. They basically mocked me, that I'd think they'd just hand that out. They're kinda dicks over there.

So, question: some of y'all who've done this (TRK?) Do you have a VIN and associated pass code you can share? And if not, do you know a dealer who is supportive of this, who I could contact?

I'd sure like to know I've got a clear pathway before I pull the trigger on the PST2.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Your Dealer in Utah is the worst in the country. I've heard multiple stories from 986 owners. I have a 996 ROW tune on my street boxster but my DME and immobilzer came out of a 996. Pretty simple switch, but I'm not sure about putting a 996 tune into a 986 dme. The immobilizer will still know it's a boxster (I think). I just put a 996 intake on my 2.7 rallycross boxster and was going to also switch over to a 996 tune. Give me a few days and I can tell you what happened

Last edited by itsnotanova; 03-26-2020 at 08:26 AM.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote