View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
rbala

Sprint Booster V3 Woes - 2001 Boxster S

Hi all,

I recently purchased and installed a V3 Sprint Booster on my 2001 Tiptronic Boxster S. Installation was quite the PITA, since a large black plastic piece above the gas pedal obscures vision of the throttle harness. After a long while of reaching around this piece and using photos from my phone to predict where my hand should go, I connected the Sprint Booster device (now attached to the original throttle harness) to the location where the original throttle harness was attached. However, I did feel like the device harness connection was a little looser than the original connection, no matter how hard I tried to push the device into place.

Now the problems. While throttle response from a stop is great and the revs initially climb much faster than stock, after 2.5K to 3K revs, the engine seems to enter a limp mode of sorts, taking about 10 seconds to go from 3000 to 4000 revs locked in 3rd gear whilst flooring the throttle. This happens in all Sprint Booster modes, even including the one where the device is off and the vehicle is supposed to retain stock throttle response.

On one of the drives, after parking the car and resuming the drive, the car lost all throttle response. A quick engine restart reverted the car to its prior faulty condition, but now I saw check engine codes P1219 and P1577, both referring to the accelerator potentiometer. Deleting these codes did not at all affect throttle behavior and these codes returned upon subsequent restart. This didn't happen again but the car consistently remained in its faulty throttle behavior state, as explained above.

Does this seem like a problem with the device or just a loose connection somewhere? I have attempted to tighten all connections after realizing these issues, but to no avail. I am currently quarantined with most of California and have plenty of time to fiddle around with the device, so any suggestions will be much appreciated.

I will attempt to remove the device to see if that returns the Boxster to its original throttle behavior and will update this thread.
rbala is offline   Reply With Quote