Thread: Battery DEAD
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
james1913

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcramer View Post
Do a search for fuse panel charging and or cigarette lighter charging. Plenty of help there. If you have a manual, there will be detailis in there also.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:36 AM #2
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
The battery is located in the front trunk area under a plastic cover behind the radio amp. It doesn't do much good for you to keep the jumper cables in the trunk because you need electric power to open the trunks, and if the battery is dead, then there's no point. However, there are workarounds.
1. There is a metal wire pull hidden behind the pass. side wheel well. You have to take the wheel well out to reach it though. Yank on that wire, and the front trunk will pop open.
2. On 01+ models, there is a connection point in the fuse box that you can connect an electric charge to that will pop the trunk.
3. You can attach a trickle charger to the cigarette lighter and wait until there is enough power in the battery to pop the trunk
4. You can buy one of those jump starters that work by connecting one end to another car's cigarette lighter, and the other end to your cigarette lighter. This is a very clean option, as you don't need to ask the owner of the other car to attach any wires to their battery, and you also don't need to open your trunk to get to the battery. I have one of these jumpers that I just keep in my speaker storage box that is behind seats. It's only like $20 dollars.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline Report Post
Thanks! I just ordered a cigarette lighter charger. Figure I'll give that a try before I try my hand at locating that manual release!
james1913 is offline   Reply With Quote