View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 12:03 AM   #13
Homeoboxter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
I'll find/post the other illustration tomorrow.
I found my set of manuals on local Craigslist about five years ago. There's usually a couple on eBay, but its not cheap:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-99-Boxster-Boxster-S-Factory-Workshop-Manuals/283699713245?hash=item420dd214dd:g:ZZEAAOSwGIVd6Em 3

There's also some copies that you can download scattered across the internet. Porsche stopped updating this version years ago, but for most tasks it's the best source of info, outside of having a dealership subscription.
Now that I`m looking at this 987 factory manual, looks like the connecting rod specs are different from what I used on my 2.5 engine. I have a chart with all torque settings that I found here on the forum, and it was a bit confusing because there were two angles listed, 90 and 110 degrees after the 20Nm tightening, I had a thread about it a few weeks back. If you still have the chance, would you mind looking at the conrod bolt tightening specs in your manual? Unfortunately I couldn`t find the manual for the 2.5 Boxster. Thank you for your time!
Homeoboxter is offline   Reply With Quote