Thread: Tire Date Codes
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 07:35 PM   #4
rexcramer
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
Nothing to take back. I rejected them before they tried to mount them. They tried to explain to me the specialty tire issue and that it was impossible to get tires manufactured in the same year, etc. All of which I understand and can empathize with. They had to order them (non stock tire) of course. The original time they brought them in, 10 weeks from manufacture. This time 75 weeks.

I think I feel comfortable with +/- 6 months from manufacture. Qingdao's year feels like the the oldest I would be comfortable with. I thought this would be a good open question for the forum to debate.

The tires in question are Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 K120's 255/40/17 on the rear of a '97 Tip. I got 12,170 miles out of them. They wore really evenly and I should have replaced them 6 months/500 miles ago. No cords showing but they are done. I bought all four at the same time and are really pleased with them. The fronts are still in amazing shape. Local America's Tire that I have been using on/off for years, no complaints. Zero track/AX time on the tires. Just very spirited local canyon twisty stuff.
rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote