View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #33
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
I've got vintage stuff as well and like all of you, not sure why except why not.

I'm original owner of the following...
Adcom Preamp/tuner. GTP 535 (I think) from 1985
Hafler DH-200 (I built from kit) in 1983 and have not had apart since. I've used it and the ADCOM preamp/tuner in my garage until last year when I finally got them back into an air conditioned space.
Magnapan MGIIIa- Finally rebuit the speaker last winter (re-glued voice coil wires) along with new grill cloths. They still sound great!
AR Turntable - Installed new belt and did general tune up. Have new Grado cartridge but for some stupid reason, have not finished playing with the table to put it back in operations.
2 Nakamichi cassette deck (480 and BX-300). Sitting in a closet. Not sure what to do with them.

My oldest son has my Marantz 2230 receiver. It still works but need general cleaning and bulbs replaced. Lots of sentimental value in this thing....I took out a $400 loan from a credit union to by this and a belt drive turntable at age 14!
Now THAT is impressive lol. I bought a refurbished Marantz 2285B from Service Merchandise in 1979 for $225 with my savings as a high school grocery stock boy lol. Sold it like an idiot in 1990 for $150 to "upgrade" towards a Technics home theater set-up. Sold a Marantz 2330B in pristine condition for upwards of 10 times that not long back, the old stuff has gotten goofy.......
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote