View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #5
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlebog View Post
Haha, for me it was disassembling the dash of my '97 that instilled the fear of messing with it dash side in me.
Regardless, I haven't done EITHER method. It hasn't bothered me enough such that I want to dig in there yet.
similar story here: only twice has a car-project / repair kicked my A$$. the first was a heater-core in an '89 Mustang GT Convert. I was 21 yrs old..... and it handed me my ass on a plate and laughed at me. Ever since then, if a car needs any work on a heater core, I sell it.

haha. Okay, it's not quite that bad. but I'd rather replace a clutch than a heater-core... any day of the week.

oh, and the 2nd time I got my A$$ kicked? It's happening RIGHT NOW, with my wife's R53 Mini Cooper. The convertible top is JACKED, and it's about the worst, most convoluted design I've ever seen. All the forum people said "oh you want to have that fixed at the dealer" 'cuz it's a PITA. Well I'm a glutton for punishment and I'm getting kicked in the junk. repeatedly.

Back to the OP's question: how large are your hands? If they're large meat-hooks, you might struggle going in through the front. My hands are chunky and i got pretty beat-up doing it. But smaller, less ape-like hands should have no trouble at all.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote