View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 07:22 AM   #1
maytag
Who's askin'?

Let's talk about seats for the Track

I've read a ton of threads, with lots of information about various seats being used at the track. None of these threads was specific to SEATS ONLY, but rather had information mixed-in. AND, since I am runnin' scared that someone might melt down again if I start talking about seats in a thread about roll bars....

Can y'all help me with a couple questions, and then this can really go somewhere.

For a track seat, are there certifications required, like there are for harness webbing, helmets etc? Do those requirements change when only doing D/E and TT? (No roll cage)

And: are the seats I see on Ebay and elsewhere, (or even the solid brand names like corbeau and Momo) that are hinged like an oem seat still acceptable for use with a 5-pt harness? Or are those strictly poseur?

Like these

or these (but $1000 shipping?!!?)

With the suspension mods I've made this year, I'm expecting the next weak-spot to be the seat. I'm expecting to be thrown around in that cabin. alot. So with the splits now showing-up in my leather on the OEM seats, this may be a good time to consider a change.

What are y'all using?
1thenaton had a good thread here which also addresses the height of the factory roll-bar for mounting harnesses to.

I'm looking for your opinions, advice, thoughts, and feel free to hijack the thread if you feel it absolutely necessary. :dance:

Thanks All!

Last edited by maytag; 02-27-2020 at 07:31 AM.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote