View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 07:17 PM   #109
SC-986

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
I carry too. I have a concealed carry permit. I just don't need an assault weapon, especially not one with large magazines.
Why do you think you have the moral high ground to determine when a weapon is an assault weapon or a defensive weapon, or what constitutes a large magazine.

If I am at my house and use an AR-15 to protect my family and property from a group of (6) people intent on doing harm - that’s (5) rounds per person. That AR-15 becomes a defensive weapon.

If I use that same gun to go on the offensive and harm my neighbor it becomes an assault weapon. The label “assault weapon” applies to any implement intended to be used as an offensive weapon be it a rifle, sidearm, knife or baseball bat.

Why do otherwise intelligent people fall prey to the culture creators who introduce emotionally charged words/phrases into the lexicon to advance an agenda.

BTW - the AR in AR-15 stands for ArmaLite, not assault rifle. It is a product naming convention from the company that invented it, ArmaLite. In fact, there were a number of rifles with “AR” names, like the AR-1, AR-5, AR-7, AR-10, AR-16 and AR-17.
2004 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition, #1541,Tip, TechnoFix DOF IMSB upgrade
SC-986 is offline   Reply With Quote