View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 03:35 AM   #11
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLImages View Post
I think the drain hole is a good idea.

Are the failures usually from sudden down pours or from constant exposure to high humidity? I admit, I haven't done any research on that.

I have a small leak on the passenger side, and the carpet near the sill and under the seat will stay a little damp after a heavy rain if I dont vacuum, dry, etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
When I bought mine it had a damaged immobilizer because it was left outside in the rain. It seemed like they had completely dried it out. It still ran, but the windows & locks didn't work, so I was in no big hurry to repair it. A few months later, when I decided to do something about the immobilizer, I noticed that the padding was damp. The car never saw a drop of rain under my ownership so this was still water from the incident under the prior owner. I decided to take the seats out and removed the carpet. There's a pad attached to the carpet that's literally a sponge. I could squeeze it and water would drip out. It took 4 days sitting in the sun to completely dry out.

I recommend that you check the padding, and I'd bet you'll find it wet. Simply vacuuming out the water isn't enough. It's very possible that the "small leak" isn't that small and most of the water is hidden under the carpet. Unless your leak is dripping ON TOP of the carpet. If it leaks on top of the carpet, there's little chance that it will get into the padding because there's a pretty thick barrier between the two.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote