View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
maytag
Who's askin'?

Too many things.... where to begin?

Hey y'all!

I took the car for a spin around the block just now; first voyage since entering the garage a couple months ago to undergo some upgrades.

ABS and PSM lights came on almost immediately. (So'd the CEL, but I think I know what that's about)

Typically, my trouble shooting begins with "what's changed?" But in this instance, the answer is "what HASN'T?"

New:
Coilovers (ride height is probably too low, more on that later)
Camber plates
Tarret sway bars and end links
Adjustable thrust bars on front
Adjustable toe links on rear
18" wheels (replacing the 17's)
Replaced transmission, too.

And, I painted the calipers, so they were dismounted and remounted.

I set the ride height about 10mm lower than spec for ROW SPORT, which I presume is M030. And then I set up some string lines and just got the alignment "in the park", as I'll be letting my race shop do a corner balance and alignment.

As I was leaving the drive, turning hard right, the left front was rubbing, and actually felt like it was "crabbing" a bit, as well. And that's about when the lights came on.

So....
Can I presume that the PSM light is on because the ABS light is on? Or vice-versa? Or are they so independent of each other that I'm looking for failures that impact both systems? For instance: if I've accidentally left one of my brake sensors unplugged (I don't think I did, but im speculating) triggering the ABS, could that ABS system off-line make the PSM light come on as well?

Any thoughts are welcome. It'll be Saturday before I can look at it again.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote