View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #4
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
... Circuitry is my worst technical skill (out of a bunch of skills with low expertise)!

Hope you are well and that the Covid 19 misses you and your family!
Thanks, yea just came back today. First thing I did is to order a PIZZA (lol), she jumpped in the shower... poor girl :/ Nasty stuff man. Hope you are okay too, Paul.

Circuitry is not my worst (coughs) but certainly not my best. Correct on the DMM. Never seen a m-motto kit so can't comment, I trust you know better than me on that part.

Using the batt as power source will work too, good idea. What made me suspect excessive "init current" was the smoke you've mentioned about... most likely just the wiring itself heating up and not the ballast (they are sealed). You've probably seen fatigue and in some cases crumbling wiring caused by the high resistance and current the oem halogen bulb requires (+5Amps "constant"?!). So I wouldn't worry too much at this stage.

All about trying to figure out if that xenon can 'ignite' first. Second see if the ballasts does not exceed I'd say 5~6 amps (max) at "init". PS: when I say init I mean the initial current spike required to ignite the xenon (0-1second). Once they are powered the current drops by more than half (between 2~3amps).

Let us know what you found and I'll see if I can be of any help if there is anything Paul. Gl man

Last edited by Nine8Six; 02-19-2020 at 12:01 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote