View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #23
Javi Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9864ever View Post

By the way, the guy at Suncoast did say that the middle grille does need to be cut out for S versions. Surprised they don't have an S version but I assume it's not a huge deal to cut.
Whoooaaaaa! Hold it right there. This just raises the suspicion that I've had since the beginning that the Suncoast guy and website are mistaken. There is no need to cut a hole on the Aerokit II (GT3 style) bumper. As you can see by the photos, it already has a large opening. The one you need to cut a whole for the S center radiator is for the early Aerokit I. Here's a photo of an Aerokit I without the center opening cut out:

And here is the Aerokit I with the center opening. I believe there was a template to do this (also Porsche might have updated the design - can't remember):

ALL Aerokit II / GT3 bumpers come with the center opening already there (and as you can see it's part of the design and does not look like an added hole). Remember that this was originally designed as a bumper for the 996.1 GT3:

So, if the guy is telling you that you need to cut the center hole, either he read some generic side note somewhere meant for the Aerokit I and got confused or worse, it's the Aerokit I that they're selling you. I would ask for photos of the whole kit first.

(unless there's a plate behind the opening that needs to be cutoff. As you can see from my deleted posts above, every time I think I have things figured out I find out that I'm wrong )

Last edited by Javi Cooper; 02-16-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote