View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #35
Hasbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post

Underdrive pulley- Verified 3-5hp gain to the wheels across the RPM range by reducing parasitic drag.

Weight loss- Verified improvements in acceleration, braking, and cornering.

Plenum- Combined with TB, exhaust, and custom software tuning- 10-15hp depending on model with more improvement on the 3.2L.

Airbox- 987 box performed the best gaining 1-2hp on 3.2L
I'll put this here instead of a new thread as it is somewhat applicable. Care to comment on my plans on a 2.5 base? I'm thinking maybe +10 whp?

- Underdrive pully - check.

- Lightened flywheel/clutch? - In a nutshell, Raby said the 2.5 could handle this the best. Is there such a thing as a lightened dual mass flywheel?

- Weight loss- -367 lbs. (2,455) so far. Goal around 2,350, including weight added back on (structural stiffening and body work/aero).

- TB, software?, exhaust (headers, 2 cats, no mufflers (for weight loss) - still need the headers. Will I need 2.5 specific headers? Would Pedro's system work adequately with the semi-custom software? Alternatives; rolling dyno plus? I'm looking for a broad range torque improvement, not 6700 rpm hp. This is more of an auto-x/street car than track - built for fun and don't care about being class competitive.

- Manual steering.

- Re-working of body/drag but I'll leave this alone for now but it will reduce the hp required to go x mph.

Last edited by Hasbro; 02-14-2020 at 01:04 PM.
Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote