View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 04:34 PM   #18
9864ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate50 View Post
I'll try to clear up the confusion on this bumper cover.I have this bumper and side skirts. They are OEM pieces installed later. It was first used on the 99-01 GT3 in Europe, it was also used on the 99-01 996 Aero kit package as redtele said. But Porsche has a habit of recycling things, and this became the Aerokit II bumper on the 2003-2004 986.2 (facelift) cars. It did come from the factory if the Aerokit II was ordered factory, and if you have read the TSB for installation of those side skirts and rear spoiler, it will tell you not to fit them to the car without that bumper cover also as it will negatively effect the aerodynamics of the car. The other cover, yellow one Tommy583 posted is the Aerokit 1 for the 97-2002 cars. Side skirts and rear spoiler were different in that year range also. I think both look good, just depends what you are looking for. Both bumpers will fit on all year ranges. Side skirts will fit on all year ranges but mounting is easier on Aerokit II years (2003-2004). Rear spoilers mount on different rear deck lids. The 2003-2004 cars have a different deck lid anyway. Hope this clears it up
Thanks for that info that does clear it up a lot. So the deal that I am referring to on suncoast is legit then and I guess what we are looking at is the Aerokit II facelift GT3 style bumper? Is this where you got yours too?

Mine is an '03 S and the front bumper looks just like the older boxsters, dont think they changed it much. This GT3 style really changes the look of the car to something really cool which is why I want it.

By the way, the guy at Suncoast did say that the middle grille does need to be cut out for S versions. Surprised they don't have an S version but I assume it's not a huge deal to cut.
9864ever is offline   Reply With Quote