View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 08:14 AM   #14
9864ever

You're right, there's just too much negative experiences with aftermarket, i did see a member on here (Woody) that had luck with his but outside of him everything else was the same message - stay the hell away!

Ok so early 996 Factory aero kit front bumper. Got it. I will ask suncoast why they have a pic of that on the Boxster and advertised as an aerokit for the Boxster which is confusing. Maybe the kit they are selling includes the 996 Factory aero bumper? He said it's the same one in the pic but I need to be 100% sure.

As for the one on Rennlist, can't get hold of the guy, doesn't seem to respond. Looks like he has it advertised in a few places and on one thread it says it's sold.

Will look into the lower lip too, but to be honest if I just get the bumper now i'd be happy. That can come later.

I still have the original bumper that needs some work which i'm considering to put on for now when i have the car sent to the bodyshop for repairs and paint. Would be great to get the 996 aero bumper sooner than later though! But yes, patience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
What you want is an early 996 FACTORY aero kit front bumper. It's the same front bumper that is on the early European GT3 and the early ('99-'01) 996 aero kit cars.

It's a direct bolt on to the 986. (But remember - it has to be for an early 996. In 2002 Porsche changed the headlights.)

Also look around for the different front lower lip spoilers that are available for the bottom of the spoiler.

Look through this thread. You'll see lots of pics of what you're looking for.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/849496-996-aero-kit-picture-thread.html

They are going to be expensive new from Suncoast.

Again - look around eBay. Search "996 Aero" and see what you can find.

Do yourself a favor. DON'T buy the after market crap. Please. It won't fit right, it won't be as sturdy and you'll wish you wouldn't have bought it.

Take your time looking for a factory piece.

Here's one for sale from a while back. I think he's advertised it several times since this ad. It might be worth checking on. https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-marketplace-old/1025942-996-mki-aero-front-bumper.html#post14485836

I look for this stuff every day. Patience is the key. If you're not patient and learn exactly what you want and where it came from, you'll end up disappointed when you buy something you "thought" was right because you didn't know what is was. You probably won't find the factory piece today, but with patience you will. The hunt is half the fun.
9864ever is offline   Reply With Quote