View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 09:07 AM   #36
Finnegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Great googly-moogly, has this ever gotten my butt into trouble.
You’d think I’d learn, but no. Haven’t quit doing it. Drinkin’. Or subsequent, alcohol-fired posting*

*Actually once got fired from a job this way. Got home at the end of a tough day, pissed. Don’t even remember exactly at what, but had myself a couple remedial brewskis. Next thing you know, I’m at the keyboard, bangin’ out an email to my boss about how I thought she needed to amend how things got done there. It was all totally justified commentary—I swear!—done reasonably tactfully (esp considering my state of mind). Took another swill, hit “Send.”

She never was very good at taking constructive criticism…got fired in the return email a few minutes later. I was okay with that. It was crazy, the aforementioned boss (‘Wendy’) fired people left and right. Place was a revolving door. I’ve talked to a few of the others. We keep thinking we all need to get together for drinks, maybe annually, the I-too-was-fired-by-Wendy club. It could be a sizable gathering. There’d be lots of ridiculously funny stories..
Sometimes, bridges need burning!