View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #1
geraintthomas

Manually operate the SAI pump?

Question: could I manually operate the SAI pump via a switch?

Reason being is quite a shameful one, but it's something I need to ask to weigh up the pro's and cons.

Basically, have you noticed when the SAI is operating, the exhaust pops and crackles due to the air flow? Not sure why this happens, but whenever I hear the pump switch on behind me, I normally give the throttle a tickle (in traffic) and it crackles quite charmingly. Yes I'm a kid.

I thought of an idea of buying the exhaust dash button and linking that up to manually operate the SAI, so that you can enable/disable the exhaust crackles.

Only thing is, I'm not sure if that would do any damage to the exhaust? Or if there's any valves that would also need operating to allow the air flow, or if it would just be a case of powering the pump?

I'm totally aware it's quite a childish request, but the end product would give me a sort of 'sports exhaust' button if I go on a blast on mountain roads.

Just a thought...

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote