View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 03:51 AM   #5
limoncello

I'm 6'4", and long torso. The car "fits" fine, in that I had more legroom than my Miata (no more go-cart knees), and the headroom with the top up is fine. Having said that, the outward visual appearance with the top down is, as Rail says, a little vertically challenged.

Side note: Not nearly as bad as the Fiat 500 I had in Italy - used to drive it with my head sticking out the sunroof to make my kids laugh. (It was a weekend capuccino car, "unsafe at any speed" is a good description.)

Track days in the Boxster present a different problem due to the broomstick rule that requires 2 inches clear between the helmet and the imaginary line from the windshield top to the top of the roll bar. Even with a roll bar extension (Brey Krause), I still couldn't pass. So, was limited to the few tracks that allow Boxsters on general prinicple. Gatting a hardtop may help, but talk with your track tech inspector before buying - if the track is an issue for you.

I say go for it. Are Boxsters fun? You bet! No other handling like it , best brakes on the planet - a holistic driving euphoria.

Hope this helps.
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote