View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 06:14 AM   #9
PaulE

I see a lot of the low profile Harbor Freight jacks at the track, even among people with expensive cars and tow vehicles. I haven't seen one fail yet.

I am a drive my car to and from the track person. I keep a cheap rain poncho and a few new large heavy duty black garbage bags in my track bag to put my floormats and all the crap that comes out of my car into in case of rain. Also a new roll of paper towels to go with the window cleaner and for checking my oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
This is a handy thread, and as good as any for asking the question i can't find in any other threads.

Do y'all have a favorite jack to take to the racetrack for swapping wheels, etc?

I have a great floor Jack that I've been using in the garage for over 20 years.... but it's like 100lbs.... and I'm old.

It seems some of these aluminum low-boy jacks should be good for track duty? But prices range fron about $60 to about $600.

Any first hand experience y'all can share?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote