View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 04:21 AM   #1
RickKlem

Car not starting, P1571 code!

I have a 2000 Boxster non S and it had a busted front windshield so I DROVE it up on a trailer and took it to have it replaced. When I arrived at the shop I drove it off the trailer and then drove it back on when they were done.

When I tried to start it the next morning to unload it from the trailer it would not crank or turn over. I checked under the seat and water had got down to the immobilizer. I am trying to clean it up and dry it and I will test it to see if it is toasted. If it is I will contact Steve to see if he can repair it.

Question 1 : While working on the issue I noticed that the Tiptronic shifter can be taken out of Park and ran through RND without a key in the ignition or without a foot on the brake. I don't recall if I could do that before the starting issue. Is this normal and what is allowing it ? Could this be a sign as to why it is not turning over or attempting to crank? Could it be that something happened during the tow?

Question 2: Once I reinstall the immobilizer and plug it in can I attempt to start it as a test WITHOUT reinstalling the seat and plugging it in . I have heard that if I turn the key on while the seat is unplugged the airbag CEL will trigger and i will need to have it reset at the dealer.

Thanks for any help
Rick

Last edited by RickKlem; 01-28-2020 at 03:38 AM.
RickKlem is offline   Reply With Quote