View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 03:42 PM   #212
specboxCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by specboxCO View Post
Immo off on a 40v is easy and well documented. I posted an ECU file from a Euro S6 that works with an AUX/AKB 40v engine earlier in this thread that I modified for immo off and eliminates the need for the Vehicle Speed Sensor (super important to making the 40v engines work)

You need a cheap vagcom cable ($5 ebay) and free software (me7_95040.exe & nefmoto)
To program my ECU with the S6 software, I used the Nefmoto software available for free from the nefarious motorsports website NefMoto - Index. I purchased a blue VAGCOM cable from ebay for $5 and took another trip to the pull and pay to grab a OBD2 socket and an AUDI/VAG ecu plug. The ECU plug is found in many Audi and VW cars from the early 2000s, I pulled mine from a 2000 A4. $5 for the cables.

I built a harness that used a bench power supply and connected the K line of the OBD2 connector to the ECU pin 43, 12v to the OBD2 connector and pins 21 and 3 of the ECU, and finally GND to the OBD2 and pins 1 & 2 of the ecu.

I could not program the ECU while it was in protected mode from the immobilizer, so first it must be defeated. I used a program called me7_95040.exe to dump the contents of the immobilizer chip to the computer. To do this, I put the ECU in boot mode, by grounding pin 24 of the immobilizer chip for 5 seconds while powering up the ECU. I then ran the program from the command prompt and dumped the file. To defeat the immobilizer 2 bits must be changed at locations 12 and 22 from 01 to 02 and the checksum recalculated. I used a hex editor to change the bit values and then used a program called 95040CSCalc.exe to write the fixed checksum. Using me7_95040.exe I uploaded the revised file to the ecu and the immobilizer was defeated.

Now the ECU will allow me to download and upload the main program. I used the Nefmoto software version 1.9.3.2 to download my old ECU software (in case something went wrong) and then uploaded the S6 Manual software I modified and posted earlier in this thread.
specboxCO is offline   Reply With Quote