View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 02:00 PM   #9
rfuerst911sc

My 2 cents on the 986 intake system . My 3.2 S from the factory made 250 hp at the crank a same year 3.4 996 made 300 . Some of the increase in the 996 is the bump in displacement but there have been tons of discussions saying the real increase is due to exhaust and intake .

Plenty of easy exhaust options out there but intake is a little harder . Install a 987 air box that helps with flow . Add a larger throttle body that also helps . Add a 996 intake manifold another jump in flow , but to do this additional mounting holes have to be drilled in the 986 heads . A lot of folks don't want to do that . So if someone had a 986 manifold and a 996 manifold sitting on a bench side by side they could be measured and scanned/modeled for 3D printing . If a 996 sized manifold could be made but with the 986 mounting foot print now you might have something .

I am not smart enough to know about port matching or anything else , but if 5-10 hp could be picked up and it's a straight bolt on it could be a winner .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote