View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 06:43 AM   #14
rastta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Yes PSS9s are now being replaced by more advanced struts like JRZ, Moton, and others. A timely thread as my Cayman has 70k miles, of which maybe 20k on race tracks and the struts are pretty far gone. Having discussions now with my setup shop to determine the best dual-purpose struts and springs for my weekend joyride/track steed.

RE: Running square- I ran both ways and gathered a lot of comparison data. For tight tracks and AX I found 255/255 to be a bit quicker but longer tracks with higher speeds favored 225/255 for the fastest laps. They were very close but the trends were clear. In wheel to wheel racing there are advantages to having more grip in the front for quick moves and going deeper in the braking zones. I think most BSR drivers run 255/255 for this reason, as well as the ability to rotate all 4 corners for best tire management.

Others may have different experiences with tire choice but this is what I found over 10 years with my 986.
The Ohlins RT's I put on my Cayman are THE best street coilovers I've ever used. While not on my Cayman, I've owned KW V2's and V3's, Penske's, Bilsteins and others and the Ohlins are far superior on the street. I'll stick with my 2Way Motons on the track.
rastta is offline   Reply With Quote