View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 08:59 AM   #12
aparke4

Hi all-

I just installed LED lamps from amazon- Dr.Auto H7 bulbs and they kick butt over my piaa bulbs that were in the car. I used the fanless type with the ribbon heat sinks and the only issue was that they do not have the recess for the clips as the base is totally flat where those two tabs come down. With some trial and error, I got them to fit very snugly with stock clips and spread out the heat sink ribbon inside the headlamp. For 19.99$ a pair, the 40$ upgrade is very worth it! Does not have the nice cutoff as a factory xenon but the color temp is great.

I know have all LED’s in the car! Just a few interior bulbs to replace...

These lights are well built and since they are so cheap I orders a few sets for backups and might convert the fogs at some point for fun.

Edit: $15.99 a pair!

Dr.Auto H7 LED Headlight Bulbs 6000K for Car, Extremely Bright CSP Chips Lights Conversion Kit with Heat Dissipation Belt (Fanless), 80W 9600Lumen (1Pair) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KP2NRRT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BE0iEbRH6331N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserion View Post
Definitely. Does add a touch of glare, but nothing excessive.

I removed the spring clips to install the lights, then reinstalled once the LEDs were in the socket.

Since I used the type with the copper ribbon as heatsink, the stock covers fit back on correctly.

This is the style I used:

The vendor I got them from no longer has them available, however any in the same form-factor should work.

Last edited by aparke4; 01-18-2020 at 09:01 AM.
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote