View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
Handlebar
Wannabe Racer

SpecBoxster / Northern VA

Greetings!

I just committed to buying my next Porsche, a Spec Boxster. I already has a log book from PCA Club Racing and passed a PPI. EPS Motorsports in CT set the car up. I will admit I don’t have a lot of firsthand knowledge driving newer cars with OBD-II and I am looking forward to learning about the differences between the Boxster and older 911 models. I am hoping to Club Race by this fall.

I started with a 1988 Targa - a Carrera 3.2 - and I flogged that for my first fifty some track days. Two years later, my wife bought me a terrific birthday present, a fully prepped 993. That car has recently gone to the ‘happy garage in the sky for older Porsches that hit a wall at VIR.’ Instead of buying a newer and even faster car, I want to learn to race. Spec Boxster ticks my boxes for lower running costs & replacement parts (vs vintage 911), and has big enough fields to find someone to run with no matter where I end up, speed wise.

I will be reading posts to find out what to check and look for on my car when it arrives in 2 weeks. I plan on making a maintenance schedule for fluids, parts, and standard checks. If you run with PCA Potomac, I am easy to find.

Ken
1999 Spec Boxster (incoming)
Handlebar is offline   Reply With Quote