View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 09:53 AM   #10
Banana S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Banana S, knowing that you will end with a highly desirable and awesome car, I am looking forward to your reviews afterwards, congratulations!
Thanks. At the risk of derailing the thread, my car has a little over 101,000 miles on it, and I've slowly been updating the car, little by little, over the last two years:
- Mirror covers and front & rear bumpers repainted in 2018;
- PDR of all minor surface dings;
- Clear bra applied to the front bumper and mirrors;
- Had the original Sport Classic BBS wheels refinished and ceramic coated last month;
- New OEM brake calipers and stainless steel braided brake lines added a few weeks ago;
- New speakers front & rear added last week; and
- New roll hoop padding & windscreens on their way within the next few weeks.

The engine is just the last piece of the puzzle. The finished product should be a better-than-brand-new Boxster S, all for far less than the original $61,000 sticker price. My wife and I plan to take it to the PCA Fall Treffen gathering in September.

This is my car at a local PCA show back in 2012 (the yellow Boxster S on the right):