View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 03:12 AM   #6
rfuerst911sc

Speaking for myself I wanted an aftermarket muffler for weight savings and sound . The OEM muffler is a tank . I have used a GHL with inserts in the tips and it was close to what I wanted but not quite . I have used a Mille Miglia which is a single can muffler similar to stock .

The MM I have not played around with inserts yet , I think it has great potential . I pulled the MM and am currently running a stock S muffler with bypass pipes . My engine is very unique and has a VERY unique exhaust note . I was very surprised how loud the S muffler is with the bypass pipes .

Going on memory the GHL is 20 lbs. lighter than stock , the MM is about 15 lbs. lighter . That is a lot of weight removed hanging under the bumper . In my opinion taking a high flow muffler and tuning it for the sound you want is ok , I highly doubt tuning it will ever make it as restrictive as the stock muffler .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote