View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 02:38 AM   #559
geraintthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by grc0456 View Post
Sorry for your troubles. Yeah, re-route the emergency pull cord for the frunk, and also - I recommend ditching those lug locks. Any competent thief who wants your wheels - I doubt they would - can defeat those locks in seconds. Just replace with standard lugs.

They are standard lugs, just have nice caps on them to make them look pretty and not dirty - for cosmetic sake only, though I don't have them anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Come on, Ger!
Relocate your emergency frunk release (forget the charging through the cig port) so you can always access the battery, and keep vital stuff (like wheel keys) in the passenger cabin.

This is noob stuff!

I know I know! I didn't think it was a priority before and then yeah... it happened.

It's all good, managed to find some spare jump leads, took the battery out of my other car to provide power to the emergency pull tab in the fuse box, and popped the front hood. Got the long jump leads out of there, put the battery back into my other car and used that to jump start the Porsche. It's now on a trickle charger.

It was so dead though. Not a single light would come on, not even the dash. Going to test the car with a multimeter tomorrow to see if it's the alternator or not. I hope it is, because I've been through 3 batteries now!

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote