View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 07:10 PM   #104
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
Wow way to drink the kool aid. Step one deaminize your enemy. They did that well enough with you.

Thanks for trash talking my predecessors. And not fully comprehending history.

But hey its the internet

Once again people are auguring the validity of "candy cigarettes'" as a metaphor. I could have mentioned 8 other instances where arms are taken from people and that's when government overstepping happens.

I don't see many insults; only describing your misconceptions. And yes of course defending my bloodline.

I can see as in every one of my posts (save the one explaining the events in America during the 1860s) an attempt at reigning in the topic back to gun control. Or at least governments control over how we should not buy guns etc.

I'll indulge this tangent away from the topic at hand, but I'd like to for a third time state that I was using this as a metaphor to illustrate that a government can use soldiers to harass or abate citizens (or ex citizens).

I'll admit I've never actually read South Carolina's declaration. Reading it was informative. I'd still like to see the hard copy, but the internet will do for now.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states#South_Carolina

It basically prattles on about how they have attempted legislation with the northern states for 25 years, and enough is enough. Or at least that's what I gather from it.

Further it describes how our relationship with England was dissolved.

That is a part that is interesting. Apparently, we didn't jump right into the "union" until 1788. We apparently just wanted to be a "free and sovereign state"

After the American revolution I would assume there was considerable war debt. This is probably why we joined into a union only after the fact.

It goes on to describe how we didn't like how (take offence stopping pills now) non-slave holding states were not abiding by the legislation set in place for returning of slaves. Basically extradition laws were not being adhered to.

The Declaration then goes on to take the words of the constitution and write that the USA was not making a "more perfect union" it was not "establishing justice" yada yada yada.

Finally, the people of SC did NOT like Lincoln. Apparently not one bit.

The wiki article seems to summarize pretty well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_the_Immediate_Causes_Which_Induce_a nd_Justify_the_Secession_of_South_Carolina_from_th e_Federal_Union

All this being said I get the feeling of "Trump is not my president" syndrome from the southerners at that time. But they are my kin and being I am so much like my father and his father before him; I can only imagine myself in a southern man's shoes at that time. I'd probably do the same thing they did. As Nietzsche believes so do I in eternal recurrence.

You take offence because you believe me a bigot?

Or just because I am a proud southern man?

Regardless you are only going to see or hear what you want to and this is the internet so none of it is real

As for spelling errors... Spell check can't catch them all Mr. Samsung tapatalk

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote