View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 05:48 PM   #101
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
Wow way to drink the kool aid. Step one deaminize your enemy. They did that well enough with you.

Thanks for trash talking my predecessors. And not fully comprehending history.

But hey its the internet

Once again people are auguring the validity of "candy cigarettes'" as a metaphor. I could have mentioned 8 other instances where arms are taken from people and that's when government overstepping happens.
Your response to me is to insult me, but you haven't said anything substantive. Because of that, I'll stoop lower than I usually do and give you a spelling tip: "deamonize". Verb. Describes the act of creating the impression that something or someone is a demon.

So: you say I don't understand history? WHICH history do you think I've misunderstood? Go ahead: correct me. School me up, professor.

I'm sorry if you feel like your predecessors fit into the group of belligerents that I described. I didn't know them; I'm sure they were wonderful people.

For my family's part, our family tree is chock full of people who went north from Missouri, Arkansas, Georgia, to fight with the Union, against the confederacy. They knew they'd be "fighting against their own", but the values at stake demanded they choose the right side. We take a tremendous amount of pride in them. As one would, when their ancestor risked literally EVERYTHING in order to take a moral stand.

Again: learn me up. Don't just stop at hurling insults my way: Tell me which part of history our family journals got wrong?

I took issue with your portrayal of the "Northern Agressors firing on the poor law-abiding citizens of the Confederate states" as an example of government taking-up arms against its citizens, thereby necessitating current law-abiding Americans bearing arms, so it can't happen again. You seem to have missed my point, so I'll make it ever-more-clear: if a bunch of red states decide to leave the Union because Bernie wins the next election, then yes, I fully support taking up arms to keep it from happening. Even more so if a bunch of blue states decide to leave because they don't like Christians.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote