View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 03:32 PM   #98
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
But I did say "Illegal orders to attack". If a group wants to secede and is hell bent on breaking up the USA, that constitutes an act of war. Then orders to attack would not be illegal, just as they weren't illegal in the Civil War. Unfortunate as it was.

Any individual or group can leave. Pick up and leave. Go elsewhere. They're free to do so. If they fundamentally don't like America they are free to leave. Or they can legally organize and effect changes by electing leaders more favorable to their interests. Breaking up the USA is a whole different animal.

States already have independence. Case in point, some states legalized cannibus use, while others haven't. It's when said states want to break away from, and thus breaking up the USA that there will be problems.
I believe legislation was tried and exhausted as a last means for decades before shots were fired on us that started the War Between the States.

Bringing it back full circle; yes the military is smart enough not to place their troops so randomly that they might encounter their relatives/family members. They have done it before.

So mindless automatons set for kill… no, but strategically placed people who don't care or are "just following orders" Yes. I was just citing northern aggression as a close to home example. But trust me around the world are much more grievous examples of humans behaving in such a manner.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote