View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 01:41 AM   #6
rfuerst911sc

Generally speaking I am not a fan of extended warranties , however I do have a positive story . My oldest son purchased a used Toyota Sienna van a few years ago I think it is a 2015 . It had about 35,000 miles on it , was very clean but not a CPO vehicle . As part of haggling over price my son and daughter in law worked out an extended warranty as part of the deal .

Fast forward to last year the van was at 99,000 and some change when the auto trans started acting funny . Was very random and hard to duplicate , they took the van to the dealer several times and each time was told nothing wrong . The issue was at various times it would just rev up but not move , quite dangerous at stop lights with the grand children in the van . My DIL is the primary driver so she decided to just go out to various stop signs and stop lights with cellphone in hand ready to shoot video of the issue .

It took a while but she got three clean/crisp videos of the issue and forwarded them to the dealership . After reviewing the videos with someone at Toyota it was agreed that a brand new transmission will be installed . The warranty expired at 100,000 miles ....... when they rolled into the dealership to have the trans replaced it had 99,998 miles on it !!! They paid nothing towards the repair and were provided a loaner vehicle no charge . So in this particular case the extended warranty was a good value . The dealership said the trans repair was 6K .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .

Last edited by rfuerst911sc; 01-02-2020 at 01:44 AM.
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote